Read About Our Seed Varieties
AAC Brandon Wheat
- New standard of HRS wheats
- Improved decease package, better protection agains FHB and rated “Good”
- Very well adapted to all of the prairies
- Recorded yields achieved last year by customers
- Short strong straw
- Large seed size
- Standard of malt barleys
- Very good yield
- Very good brewing characteristics, low protein and low beta gluten
- Good plumpness
CDC Maverick Forage Barley
- CDC Maverick is a two row, smooth awns, tall leafy, forage barley.
- Smooth ons reduce problems with cows eyes and mouths, this makes it excellent for swath grazing and green feed or silage.
- Besides forage yield, maverick shines in dryer conditions as it is developed from its cousin, CBC cowboy.
- New Variety of malting and brewing sector
- Better desire package, low DON accumulation, 50% less than Metcalfe
- 6% higher yield than Copland. Rivals Xena.
- Low protein and high extract, high kernel weight, high percent plump
- Lower peeling than checks, better lodging scores
- RAHR is testing this variety this year, what interests them is its fusarium resistance.
- Fusarium seems to be moving in relentlessly so Rahr and Canada Malt are being proactive in testing varieties to combat this disease
- Up to 35% higher yield than HRS wheat
- General purpose wheat. Looks more like an HRS than a CPS
- Short strong straw, non-bearded, hard to knock down.
- Resistance to leaf rust and head rust
- From the Netherlands, quite different from other wheats as it ripens from the bottom up.
- If you cant get proteins premiums on HRS, consider growing more volume.
Prima Fall Rye
- Tall, well suited as a forage, ability to get more than one year of use.
- Few forage crops can match the production and quality of fall rye, seeded in the fall.
- Spring seeded Fall Rye (irrigated / brooks) had a higher protein content than oats, barley or utility wheat, and better winter hardiness than winter wheat.
Early One Canola
- Synthetic Hybrid Polish canola, 90 day maturity
- NON GMO
- Improved vigour and yield (17%) over older Polish varieties
- Large seed size
- Well suited to straight cutting
- Shines in late seeding or re-seeding